THE TRUST CENTER:
Jupiter Cars is committed to maintaining strong protections for our customers, Services, and company. We believe in building and maintaining trust, reducing risk and simply doing what is right.
Jupiter Cars and its subsidiaries (collectively “Jupiter Cars”) are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and in using our services.
This Privacy Statement applies to Jupiter Cars websites that link to or reference this Statement and describes how we handle personal information and the choices available to you about the collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal information. More information on our personal information practices may be provided in offer descriptions, supplemental privacy statements, or notices provided before or at the time of data collection. Certain Jupiter Cars websites may have their own privacy statement that describes how we handle personal information for those websites specifically. To the extent, a notice provided at the time of collection or a website-specific privacy statement conflict with this Privacy Statement, such specific notice or supplemental privacy statement will control.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our websites and Services and interact with us. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, social media account information, or payment card number. If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information. We also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order (Booking/s), including payment transactions
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription
- Sending marketing communications
- Creating an account
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Services
- Personalizing your experience
- Providing customer service
- Managing a job application
- Collecting information during the testing admissions process when a computer-based certification test is administered to you
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our websites and Services with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide Jupiter Cars with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or contacting info@Jupiter Cars.com. In some instances, Jupiter Cars and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, weblogs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for you. Please read the “Cookies and Other Web Technologies” section below for more information.
USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Service, you have requested
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our Services and your online experience
- Personalizing websites, newsletters, and other communications
- Administering and processing your certification exams
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from Jupiter Cars or from our partners
You can edit your communication preferences at any time. See Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences below
ACCESS TO AND ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- We need your help in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date. We provide many options to access, correct, suppress, or delete your personal information:
- You can view or edit your Jupiter Cars.com personal information and preferences online by using the Jupiter Cars Profile Management Tool (hyperlink to be created)
- Some Jupiter Cars entities may act as or be considered “data controllers”. When a Jupiter Cars entity is acting as a data controller, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that Jupiter Cars entity as described in the specific Services documentation
- If you need additional assistance or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We make good faith efforts to honour reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honour your request, we will provide you with an explanation
YOUR CHOICES AND SELECTING YOUR COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES:
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our Services. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- By sending us a message through email or by mail to Jupiter Cars., Our address UK. Please be sure to include your name, email address, and specific, relevant information about the material you no longer wish to receive.
- For short message services (“SMS Services”), by replying “STOP”, “END”, or “QUIT” to the SMS text message you have received.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain Services, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the Service by its terms and conditions. With your permission, we may also share your personal information with Jupiter Cars business partners or vendors, so they may send you information about products or services that may be of interest to you. To opt-out of Jupiter Cars sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please send an email to privacy@Jupitercars.com
By using our websites, Services, or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically about security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites, by sending an email or otherwise contacting you
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within Jupiter Cars and any of our local and worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With Jupiter Cars business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services. To opt-out of Jupiter Cars sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please send an email to privacy@Jupitercars.com.
- With business partners, service vendors authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested, service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of bookings and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a part of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Jupiter Cars, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Jupiter Cars implement physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide to us.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
- Like many websites, Jupiter Cars uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website they may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device
HOW TO OPT OUT OF INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING:
- If you are located in the European Union
- If you are located in all other parts of the world Note: Generic, non-personalized ads will continue to be displayed
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites (and all websites) you visit.
Jupiter Cars encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Jupiter Cars do not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in UK or any other country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER, PROCESSING, AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
As Jupiter Cars is a global organization, we may transfer your personal information to Jupiter Cars in the United States of America, to any Jupiter Cars subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties and business partners as described above that are located in various countries around the world. By using our websites and Services or providing any personal information to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please email our privacy team at privacy@Jupitercars.com. We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we change our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means before the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
The Jupiter Cars Privacy Statement was revised and posted as of Date 28-Sep-2019.