BY JOINING JUPITER CARS AS A PRIVATE HIRE SELF EMPLOYED DRIVER YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OUTLINED BELOW
We would like to inform all our Drivers that all Calls may be recorded for Training, Quality and Monitoring purposes.
Fees & Deadlines
We at Jupiter Cars provides Jobs to drivers and charges fixed 20% commission, our working week begins on Monday and finishes on Sunday, we allow two extra days for drivers to pay their commission. Payment deadline is every Tuesday before 18:00, failure to pay commission on time could result in a weekly fine that will be added to your statement of account.
- Commission: 20% Fixed Commission and Debit/Credit Card charged depending on card processing company charges.
- Cordic App Fees: £5 per week pays weekly in advance.
- Deadline: You will receive a commission sheet every Monday and you MUST clear your balance every Tuesday before 6 pm otherwise you will be charged £10 late fee by the system automatically.
- Deposit: £100 fully refundable deposit will be required before you start work with Jupiter Cars, two weeks’ notice will be required if you would like to leave the company and would like to withdraw your deposit back.
- Account Work: It will be deducted from your commission following week and any excess amount will be credited into your bank account on every Friday
All drivers must dress smartly while picking passengers especially from Airport with Collar Shirt, Tie, Dress Shoes and wear PCO Badge, jeans and trainers are not allowed.
The vehicle must be kept clean from inside as well as outside at all times. Anyone found breaching this policy will be straightaway fine up to £50 without any excuse. According to the law, you must use all safety equipment while driving and make sure your seatbelt, lights, aircon, heating all are fully working and MUST not charge extra for using aircon or heating.
It is illegal to travel with any passenger without booking and drivers are not allowed to book any jobs, in case any passenger would like to take any bookings or book any journey please advise them to contact the office directly. Any driver found taking booking directly from customers or making Jupiter Customers their own private customer will be fine up to £500 and suspended. Also, TFL will be informed through guidelines given by TFL “London Taxi and Private Hire PHV/105 Notification of a complaint or driver dismissal” with complete driver and booking details.
Working with Other Companies
All drivers MUST inform office if they are also working with any other company, it has to be approved by office and YOU MUST not display or advertise any other company in any manner while Jupiter Cars Customer is inside your car and must not do any kind of marketing or sales of any other company by any means.
Any Driver wants to leave the company MUST provide at-least two weeks’ written notice by emailing us to admin@JupiterCars.Com.
Airport Meet & Greet
- This is the driver’s responsibility to check flight status, landing time and correct terminal.
- Only go inside once you are in contact with the Customer or follow instructions given under driver notes.
- Must stand on arrival with the name board provided by Jupiter Cars with the Jupiter Cars logo.
- 40 minutes are free after landing time in addition to the customer-specific requests for extra time after landing i.e. 30min+ which means the customer will have 70 minutes of free waiting time after flight landing.
- Always confirm the full name and full destination address from the customer to make sure you are picking up a correct passenger.
- If parking is more than £10, call the office otherwise you will lose the rest of the money.
- Contact office and must not argue with a passenger in case of any conflict in fare, parking or any other charges, the only office is allowed to decide fares and other charges.
Time Off & Holidays
We charge £5 every week for Cordic App for our dispatching system. To make sure you are charged correctly, always inform the office for your time off & holidays via Email on admin@JupiterCars.Com so that you are not getting charged service fees.
Other Cab Firms
Promoting any other company while working with Jupiter Cars i.e. distributing cards or advertising other companies in any means will cause immediate dismissal and TFL may be informed via guideline given by TFL “London Taxi and Private Hire PHV/105 Notification of a complaint or driver dismissal”.
You must not contact any Jupiter Cars customer after the job by any means including Social Media, Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook etc. or must not store any customer personal details including address or phone number as it’s against data protection or else you will be dismissed immediately and TFL will be informed via guideline given by TFL “London Taxi and Private Hire PHV/105 Notification of complaint or driver dismissal”.
Drivers must only charge the fares that are displayed on App, in case of any changes in destination, diversion or any other changes then the controller must be informed and follow updated fare on App, Drivers are not allowed to decide their own fares as it is against the law.
Drivers must not handle any customer physically or lock them inside the car over any conflict as it’s called **kidnapping** and you can be prosecuted.
Conflict of Interest
Private Hire Operator: While working with us you are not allowed to open the same business within 5 miles radius and must inform the office before you intend to apply for Operator License; also you must inform the office if you are working in any other taxi company under the same role.
TFL Driver Complaint Requirement
TFL has come up with a very strict policy about customer complains to be taken care very seriously and subsequently report to TFL on weekly basis along with the job reports that are submitted, please review the attached form, which now is a new requirement given by TFL every time we received Driver’s complaints.
Failure to pay the office commission during the maximum of 4 weeks’ time also will be reported to the TFL with the same form, and that will affect renewing Driver Private Hire License and immediately TFL will revoke current Private Hire License due to not compliance of Private Hire Driver licensing guideline/requirement given by TFL under “Character Requirement”– You must be Good Character. Jupiter Cars reserved all rights to take any legal action to recover money and to inform Police about any fraudulent activity including non-payment.
You should never be rude with any customers and any member of the staff working with Jupiter Cars always be polite and helpful.
It’s your responsibility you must pick up and drop-off customer with complete safety, You must stop your vehicle on the safe place before you pick up or drop-off customer to ensure Customer & your own safety.
Accepting Jobs and Responsibilities
By accepting any job provided by Jupiter Cars you are accepting our drivers terms and conditions, Job accepted to comply is the full responsibility of the driver, notwithstanding any major emergency occurrence (provided immediate notice where alternate can be arranged) driver is liable to honour the booking, by any means of negligence in doing so, the compensation of full fare of the journey will be paid by the driver where company is settling the account with customer. Drivers are fully responsible to compensate customers directly in the event of customers missed their flight, train or any important meeting due to driver’s negligence, carelessness, oversleeping or unnecessary delays after accepting the job.
- The entire team works for mutual benefits where the office works 24/7 to create work for the driving team and the driving team to fulfil the task during the different shift timing.
- In very rare cases mishaps arose during both the office and driving teamwork duration upon which it’s everyone’s responsibility to tackle the situation to go through to sort things out rather blaming/quarrelling/time-wasting etc. onto each other and try pursuit to present the losses in front.
- Such mistakes are intolerable but, minor mistakes can be corrected in due time and should not be repeated in the future.
- The “customers always right” we follow the rule but, in any case, where we feel that something needs to be clarified, our system allows us to get into any detail we want and presented when required.
- That the fares are not the same every time when there are more sometimes are less this is how it balances in our industry keeping in view the competition, we all have to keep this in mind and recall our memories when needed.
- That the (cash jobs) unrecoverable charges paid by the driving team such as parking/waiting etc. shouldn’t be claimed from company or the entity, however, this can be compensated right after the incident into the manner of other job/s which can be offered in priorities and things that may be helpful.
- That the jobs paid by credit/debit or by any other medium of payment are secured from the above incidents in case of no show etc.
Commission Sheet Queries & Discrepancies
This is to inform all the drivers that concerning commission sheet, parking or any job discrepancies shall be communicated via email at admin@JupiterCars.Com, not with calling the office. Also, any discrepancies must be reported via email within 3 (three) working days failure to which the issue will not be resolved including any compensations, amendments, adjustments or parking.
Privacy And Data Protection Act 2018 and 1998:
- The Data Protection Act 2018 is a United Kingdom Act of Parliament which updates data protection laws in the UK. It is a national law which complements the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and updates the Data Protection Act 1998
- Drivers are not allowed to store or save any customer information by any means, form or shape which including customer name, contact number, email address, any social media links, etc. or any other information
- Drivers are not allowed to contact the customer directly or indirectly with any means which including mobile phone, fixed phone, text messages, social media, etc. or written once the job is completed
- Drivers are not allowed to obtain information about other drivers which includes anything or everything related to other drivers. If any Driver call or email Jupiter Cars to get information in relation to other drivers to pay, working hours, commission, other charges, complaints, documents or anything else. The office will refuse to give out any information, the repeated offender will be asked to leave the Jupiter Cars and officials will be informed breaching Data Protection Act